Friday 9 November 2012

One year's blogging...

Almost a year ago, to be precise on 11 November 2011, a friend who was spending a few days aboard Stroemhella with David and me, asked me why I didn't write a blog... Since I am not totally internet-educated, I hummed a little... but Kasia took me through the ropes, we thought up a fine alliterative title: Wendie's Widening World... and I was all set.
Thank you Kasia! She feautures in the first picture I attached to my first blog.
That was in Rome, where we overwintered in Porta di Roma, Ostia.

We left at the beginning of April, and journeyed down the west coast of Italy, along the sole, across to Corfu (Kerkira) past many gem-like Greek islands, and then, after my summer break in Amsterdam and Italy (Como and Venice, later the Marche, Perugia, Follonica, Lucca and other delights) I returned to Stroemhella via Istanbul, where I arrived on 30 September 2012.

September saw us sailing (well, often chugging!) down the west coast of Turkey as far as Yelicavak, then north again to reach Kusadasi, where we shall spend the winter.
Here a resent pic of the windy evening in Kusadasi marina:
And here a recent one of me, self-portrait on the boat. Happy to be exploring the world, either on land or sea... provided the sea sections don't last too long!


No comments:

Post a Comment