Tuesday 30 April 2013

the ever-rolling stream and all that...

Well, sorry to have left my devoted readers in such suspense, me pausing for lunch in the midst of the anchor-chain dragging narrative...
All went well and David successfully detached our anchor from the mooring chain of a local Bodrum gulit, and then we chugged off to a protected cove where we spent the night peacefully, me on anchor-watch (which meant waking every 2-and-a-half hours to check on the gps screen that our position had not changed, logitudes and latitudes the same). All very stimulating. Having had several nights' excellent slumber I had no problem in rousing myself: the only difficult waking was at 12.30 (just after midnight) when I was in my deepest sleep. Useful information for night watches...

The next day we rounded the headland and moored in Bodrum. Lovely marina, beautidul city.
More to come about the intervening days. Now I must hang up the washing ...

No comments:

Post a Comment