Friday 13 November 2015

Four years a-blogging...

In November 2011, at the suggestion of our good friend Katya from Poland, who was spending a few days on our boat with us, I started this blog.
Of late I haven't written so much, but it has been very interesting to look back and discover a recurring theme:
delight in the wonderful new places and people we have met on our travels; and a ground base of discomfort at the bouncing sea and cramped boatish quarters!

We are once more in Brunei, enjoying being with the grandchildren, and of course, becoming more fully familiar with this unusual culture. We are quite used to the tropical climate, and I love the sound of the rain beating down through the night. And in the daytime, the humid heat and sometimes the steaming pavements after a downpour.

I still find the days too short and it's as if there's never enough time to pause, reflect and write a poem or two...
But I write a lot in my head (for instance, during bumpy sea trips) and hopefully when on stable land can recall the phrases that most pleased me.
I take many photos and am praying for some winter days on land when I can arrange them... My laptop tells me I now have over 14,000.
Still have considerable trouble with the technical world (that is, iPhones, laptops, internet in general ...) but console myself that all this ethereal stuff belongs to a world I was not born into, and considering my age, I suppose I don't manage too badly.

I begin to think it's time to stop blogging and piece together all the many pages I have written dow the years...


No comments:

Post a Comment