Monday 2 July 2012

Back in Amsterdam

Ah cool, after the stinging heat of midday on the Greek island of Evia!
Flew back from Athens to a sunny welcome and much greenery. And the weather here in Holland has been delightful these past few days; good forecast for this week (yes, it's July already!).

Still quite a shock to be transported from a Greek island to the humming heart of the Netherlands... And Dutch is such a bumpy language! But I enjoy being back, seeing friends, sleeping in a bed where you can really stretch out without hitting the boat's side...
But no more rocking, no more wind in the sails or water lapping, klots klots againts the boat's bows.
Think I have grown quite fond of the nautical life, after all. But maybe that's only becasue I am now on land... 

So that's me on Stroemhella in Halkide (or Chalkida, or Chalkis) -- most pleasant port on the west coast of the island Evia. How distant it already seems...
David sails on with my cousin Steve (two piratical engineers, very happy on the boat) heading ultimately for Istanbul...
I am here in summertime Amsterdam.
That's me in the back yard some time ago -- don't need to wear such warm gear at the moment!

No comments:

Post a Comment