Saturday 4 February 2017

The jungle at Temburong, Brunei

Just returned from the most amazing and unforgettable day: sorry abut the cliches, but it really was!
Also rather exhausted (climbed about 1,000 steps from the level of the river to the heights where you can feel as if you're above the clouds...)
The wooden steps of the upward-leading stairs were very wet and slippery, so movement went at a slow pace. Some of our fellow adventurers gave up before reaching the top. I must say, although David and I are fairly fit for our ages (77 and 73) we had to pause for puffs from time to time. But we made it.
Took some fine photos which I shall attempt to publish.
But now weariness overcomes me, so the write-up will have to be postponed.
Tomorrow is our final day here, and I would not be surprised if this is the last time we visit Brunei.
It is a long journey from Europe and the climate does not entice me. However, the landscape is truly stunning and the culture (like all cultures!) is fascinating and I have loved being here.
More of this soon, I hope, before I become embroiled in Portuguese...
Terimah kasih all our Malaysian and Bruneian friends.



These pictures are of the Water Village at Bandar Seri Begawan.


Seen from the river Brunei, as we proceeded towards Temburong. That's a proboscis monkey... and the birds are egrets.




No comments:

Post a Comment